NEUTRELA (SOYABEAN) GRANULES
- Neutrela (soyabean) granules-3/4th cup
- Tomatoes puree form-4 medium sized
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing)-a pinch
- Cumin seeds (jeera)-1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger grated-1/4 inch
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Oil-1 tablespoon
- Boiling hot water-2 cups
- Add neutrela to boiling hot water with 1/2 a teaspoon oil.
- Boil it till neutrela turns soft & then, drain off the water & strain it once with cold water.
- Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan & add asafoetida & when it crackles, add cumin seeds to it.
- As cumin seeds crackle, add ginger & as it turns brown, add tomatoes & mix well.
- Add turmeric powder to the mixture & as it starts leaving oil, add salt & red chilli powder & mix well.
- As the mixture leaves oil, add the neutrela to it & cook till the water is completely dried.
- Then, add a little water & cook it on low flame till water is completely dried.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times as it makes neutrela completely cooked.
- Add 3-4 times water to it & bring it to a good boil.
- Cook it on a low flame till the gravy is well cooked & then add garam masala powder to it & mix well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Neutrela (soyabean) granules are ready to serve.