- Rice-200 grams-4/5 cup
- Potatoes cut into cubes-2 medium sized
- Cauliflower-200 grams-1 small
- Peas-200 grams-1/2 cup
- Tomato chopped-2 medium sized
- Dalchini (cinnamon)-1 small piece
- Laung (cloves)-2 pieces
- Black pepper whole-2-4 pieces
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Oil-2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds (jeera)-1/4 teaspoon
- Desi ghee-1 tablespoon
- Water- 3 times the quantity of rice
My one cup measures 250 grams. If you are using a smaller cup, then take 1.5 cups of rice.
- Soak rice in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into thick cubes.
- Cut the caulifower & tomatoes into pieces.
- Next, heat oil in a pan & add cumin seeds (jeera), dalchini (cinnamon) , laung (cloves) & black pepper (whole) to it.
- As they crackle, add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add red chilli powder & turmeric powder & mix well.
- Add the potatoes & mix well.