POHA - EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE
- Poha - 2 cups (approx.)
- Potatoes - 3-4 small sized
- Carrots - 1-2 (optional)
- Peas - 1/4 cup (optional)
- Lemon juice of 1-2 lemons
- Dry red chillies - 2-3
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Water to rinse poha
- Rinse poha with 1-2 cups water first & allow water to get drained off.
- Rinse it with more water. Make sure that poha retains its original shape & at the same time it is soft enough.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and dry red chillies.
- Allow them to crackle.
- Once they crackle, add chopped vegetables to it. In my case, I added only potatoes. but, you can add any other vegetable like carrots and peas.
- Fry them for a minute or 2.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder & garam masala powder to the vegetables.
- Mix them well and allow these vegetables to get cooked well and become soft.
- Once properly cooked, add rinsed poha to these vegetables and mix well.
- Once mixed well turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on top of the cooked poha.
- Poha is ready to serve.