BOTTLEGOURD (LAUKI) PANCAKES
- Bottlegourd (gheeya) - 1 medium sized (grated)
- Besan - 4-5 tablespoons
- Sooji - 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies (chopped) - 1-2
- Fresh coriander (chopped) - 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ajwain - 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 - 1 teaspoon (adjust according to taste)
- In a bowl, add grated bottlegourd, besan and sooji and mix well.
- Bottlegourd has its own water so the mixture will get mixed.
- Now, add chopped green chillies and a little quantity of water and make a thick batter.
- Now, add more water to make a slightly thinner batter.
- Now, heat a tawa with 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Keep it on high flame.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter prepared on this hot oil.
- Now, drop 2 teaspoons of oil on the sides of this half cooked pancake so that it gets released from the bottom. Keep the flame high.
- When it appears to be cooked from the lower side, lower the flame slightly.
- Once when it releases from the bottom, turn it upside down.
- Now again put 1 teaspoon of oil on the sides and turn upside down.
- Keep turning it upside down till it is well cooked from both the sides.
- Take it off the flame.
- Bottlegourd pancakes are ready to serve.