- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1/2 litre
- Sugar - 2-3 tablespoons (adjust according to taste)
- Elaichi powder - a pinch
- Chopped cashew nuts and almonds
- Chopped pistachios - for garnish
- Wash rice and soak them in water for around 1-2 hours.
- After soaking it for around 1-2 hours, add 1-2 tablespoons milk to it and grind well till it appears like semolina (sooji).
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add ground rice to it after milk boils.
- Keep stirring continuously on low flame.
- Add cardamom powder to it.
- Cook till it becomes thick and well cooked.
- Next, add sugar to it and mix well.
- Add chopped cashew nuts and almonds to it.
- After giving it a good stir, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Phirni is ready to serve.