VEG HAKKA NOODLES
- Noodles - 1 packet
- Capsicum (sliced) - 1 medium sized
- Carrot (sliced) - 2 medium sized
- Cabbage (chopped) - 1/2 (half a cabbage)
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/3 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup - 3 - 4 tablespoons
- Soya sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar (optional) - 1 tablespoon
- Boil water in a pan and add a little oil to it.
- Boil noodles in hot water till just soft. Do not boil them too much. It will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Strain them and run cold water through it and keep aside.
- Next boil water again and add chopped cabbage to it.
- Boil once, turn off the flame.
- Strain and keep aside. Cabbage is now ready to be used.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped capsicum and carrot to it.
- Sauté for a minute or two and add cabbage to it.
- Sauté these vegetables and allow them to become slightly cooked.
- Let them remain crunchy enough and add boiled noodles to it.
- Next add salt, black pepper powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Now, add soya sauce, tomato ketchup and vinegar (optional) to the noodles and mix really well.
- Turn off the flame.
- Veg hakka noodles are ready to serve.