PEANUT DIP (CHUTNEY)
- Peanuts - handful
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4-1/3 teaspoon
- Salt to taste - 1/4 teaspoon approx.
- Dry roast peanuts along with cumin seeds (jeera) on a heavy bottomed pan.
- Roast them till they turn slightly brown in colour and the raw flavour goes away.
- Turn off the flame and take these roasted peanuts out.
- In a mixer grinder add these peanuts along with red chilli powder & salt.
- Add water just enough to cover half the peanuts.
- Grind them to a smooth paste in the form of a dip or a chutney.
- Peanut dip is ready to serve.