SPICY & SOUR POTATOES (DRY)
- Potatoes (peeled & sliced into rounds) - 5-6 medium sized
- Mustard oil - 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander (dhania) powder - 1-1.5 teaspoons
- Anardana powder - 3/4 teaspoon
- Dried mango powder (amchoor) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin (bhuna jeera) powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon (approx.) (adjust according to taste)
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Heat oil till it gets burnt. It is indicated by smoke and fumes that start coming out of hot oil.
- Turn off the flame. Let this oil get cooled down a bit.
- Next,peel and slice potatoes into round chips.
- Keep aside.
- Now, mix together red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, anardana powder, amchoor powder & salt in a bowl.
- Now place the sliced potatoes in this spices mix & cover each slice well.
- Keep these marinated potatoes aside.
- Next heat the burnt mustard oil again.
- Add the marinated potatoes to the hot oil & roast & toss well.